All advertising must comply with the VAST mission, Artists and community connecting to create and celebrate visual arts!
Members may place a business card-sized ad in the e-newsletter twice during the VAST year (June1st – May 31st).
The information to be considered for advertising must be sent to the newsletter editor News.VAST@gmail.com by the 15th of the month. VAST reserves the right to edit.
VAST currently sponsors a critique group which meets the fourth Saturday of each month, eight times a year, September through May. Fee is $120 payable to VAST.
Contact Jackie Haugen at WaterJourney@verizon.net or call 972-672-0188 if you are interested in participating as a member or a substitute in the critique group. Members may bring two pieces of art to each meeting for critique.
The VAST calendar year runs from June 1st – May 31st. In order to have your name included in the Yearbook, dues must be paid by August 1st. A downloadable/printable membership form is available on the website, or you can join online here. If you opt to print a form, complete and mail it to VAST Membership, P.O. Box 1281, Denton, TX 76202.
If you have changes in name, address, email or phone numbers from the previous year’s Yearbook, let us know when you fill out a new membership form. You may also renew or join at the Take-in for our annual Members Exhibition.
VAST members are encouraged to bring a piece of art to the monthly meetings for a member’s choice competition. We vote on our favorite pieces during the break. At the conclusion of the program, we name “Artist of the Month” to our first place winner, who receives a $25 gift certificate for Asel Art Supply, redeemable at any of their locations. The second place winner receives a $15 gift certificate from Asel.
The mini-show does not take place at the meeting when we have our High School Art Competition.
At the May meeting, all “Artists of the Month” bring back their winning piece, and from these pieces, we vote and select our “Artist of the Year.”
All accepted submissions must comply with the VAST mission, Artists and Community connecting to create and celebrate visual arts! Submissions are sent to News.VAST@gmail.com by the 15th of the month. VAST reserves the right to edit.
“Members in the News”
The purpose of this column is to celebrate the honors and achievements of VAST members. Honors and achievements include: acceptance into juried awards exhibitions, receipt of awards, and educational accomplishments. VAST welcomes these submissions to News.VAST@gmail.com. Items that advertise for-profit activities, classes, or services, including commercial exhibitions, are considered advertisement and must be submitted as such.
VAST Artists’ Day Out (VADO)
VAST offers an opportunity for any members to meet twice a month at the Patterson-Appleton Arts Center for a non-instructed session to create in whatever media they choose, and to be with other artists. Members may participate for an annual fee of $10 or $1 per session.
If you would like to join the VADO group beginning in September, make your check payable to VAST and send to Mary Emerson, 1001 Emerald Sound Blvd., Oak Point, TX 75068.
Members are included in the online directory unless they specifically request that their information be removed from the website (see membership form). Members may upload up to 4 images to the online membership directory to make those images available to the public.
- Registration fee: $50.00, due at the time of signing up for the workshop. This fee is non-refundable.
- Balance: balance for the workshop is due one month prior to the beginning of the workshop.
- By participant: If a participant must cancel, the VAST workshop coordinator will first attempt to fill the open spot from the official VAST waiting list. If there is no waiting list, the cancelling participant is free to attempt to fill the spot on his/her own. No refunds will be made one month or less prior to the class.
- By VAST: If there are not enough participants to cover workshop costs, or if VAST must cancel for any other reason, participants will be notified by workshop coordinator and will promptly receive a full refund, including deposit.
- Non-members may participate in the workshop after paying VAST membership dues.
- Workshop Coordinators: The workshop coordinator may participate in the workshop at no charge and is available to assist the guest artist before, during, and after the workshop.
- Returned Checks: Checks that are returned to VAST by the bank for insufficient funds are subject to a $25.00 handling fee payable to VAST by the participant.