VAST sponsors this annual event to offer its members an important opportunity to enter their work in a juried exhibition that showcases members only. The exhibit provides an excellent venue for the North Texas community to appreciate the high quality and diverse nature of art produced by area artists.
For catalogs from past Members Exhibitions, click here.
VAST / Members Exhibition
VAST sponsors this annual event to offer its members an important opportunity to enter their work in a juried exhibition that showcases members only. The exhibit provides an excellent venue for theNorth Texas community to appreciate the high quality and diverse nature of art produced by area artists. ELIGIBLE MEDIA ALL 2D and 3D work. No installations.
31st ANNUAL VAST MEMBERS EXHIBITION
October 5-30, 2020
Closing Reception October 30, 6-8 PM
Patterson-Appleton Arts Center
400 E. Hickory St., Denton, TX 76201
All artwork must be original, not a copy of a painting or another image. No mechanical reproductions of original work. NO giclee’ prints. Only your own work completed in the last 36 months will be accepted
Click here to download.
● Wall-mounted work must be framed and ready for secure installation:-framed work must have d-rings and wire(no sawtooth hangers)-fiber pieces/quilts must have a hanging apparatus able to hang from 1 or 2 nails (e.g. a rod pocket with dowel)-other wall-mounted pieces (glass, ceramic, metal, etc.) must have a secure hanging apparatus able to hang from 1 or 2 nails
● Bumpers required for framed pieces
● 40” maximum width dimension for 2D work
● 70 lbs. maximum weight for 2D and 3Dwork
● White or off-white mats only
● Works on canvas must either be framed or have clean, FINISHED gallery-wrapped edges
● The artist’s name and title of work must be clearly indicated on the back of the work. Work must not have been exhibited in any previous vast juried exhibition. Images of award-winning entries will become the property of the Visual Arts Society of Texas for the catalog and other printed material as well as for archives, websites, and educational purposes.
Artists may enter two pieces for jurying. Each entering artist will have one piece selected for inclusion in the exhibition. The entry fee is $20 for VAST members.
JOIN AND ENTER
Any artist, regardless of current VAST membership, may join VAST at the time entries are accepted.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS AND DUES
● Guest artists’ demonstrations/lectures featured at monthly meetings
● 7 monthly mini-competitions for VAST Artist of the Year Award
● Monthly door prizes for members
● Denton County high school art competition
● Vision, the VAST e-newsletter
● Opportunity to advertise in the newsletter
● Regional juried exhibition discount
● Member’s exhibition eligibility
● Local revolving exhibitions
● Workshop discounts
● Critique group opportunities
● Asel Art Supply, 20% discount on full-priced items
● Voertman’s Denton, 20% discount
● Periodic art material information
● Artist-Day-Out opportunities
● Networking and fun!
Best of Show $500
1st place for 2D
1st place for3D
2nd, 3rd, and 4th split between 2D and 3D
Total cash and merchandise awards
The 2020 exhibition will be held at the Patterson-Appleton Arts Center, located at 400 E. Hickory St., Denton, TX 76201
2018 Exhibition Award Winners:
“The Lives of Birds”
“Women with Latitude”
“Billy, John, and Ruth”
Nel Dorn Byrd
Gail Williamson Cope
“Appreciation or Appropriation?”
David Blow – “Tranquility”
“Inalienable Gifts of the Tree of Life”